Seminar Building Energy Efficiency – 2 November 2015
The Hong Kong Government’s Environmental Bureau launched its Energy Saving Plan in May 2015, and page 68 outlines the key policy dates, this seminar will introduce some ideas and concepts to help lower your energy costs.
We all know the challenges, 90% of electricity generated in Hong Kong is used in our buildings, that equates to approx. 63% of Hong Kong’s carbon footprint, but how can society demand energy improvement without incentives? Social pressure? Will new technology save the day? Do we need a Carbon Tax?
Presently the standard for building energy efficiency in Hong Kong is managed by two separate entities:
- Buildings Department (BD) govern the two flavours of Overall Thermal Transmission Value (OTTV) including the most recently added RTTV requirement for residential buildings and:
- EMSD who govern under Cap 610 BEEO which cover the efficiency of the Building Services equipment and systems used inside buildings, for example chillers, air handling units, fan, lighting, lifts, etc.
However, there is a huge gap, wider than the grand canyon, between creating a building in accordance with a ‘Design Standard’ and the actual building energy performance. Once dissatisfaction with building energy costs finally reaches the board room, firms often take on energy projects with little understanding of the all the risks and options involved.
We have a fantastic line up of speakers to stimulate debate, including:
Tom Jones BSRIA – Air leakage means lost energy and higher operating costs. BSRIA’s Tom Jones will discuss air leakage standards and verification methods. BSRIA is the UK’s leading building research establishment.
Paul Sat, Swire Properties – Big Data! Globally electric motors account for approx. 60% of electricity consumption! Paul, a Building Service engineer by profession, will discuss VAV fault detection and automatic control necessary to tackle increasing energy costs from using data.
Who should attend?
- Building Owners and Operators
- Design Engineers
- Facility Managers
- Energy Consultants
- Energy Specialists
- Building Energy modellers
- Interior Designers
Date: 2 November 2015
Venue: Auditorium Jockey Club Environmental Building, 77 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong Kowloon
3.00 pm – Registration commences & Networking
3.30 pm – 5.00 pm Seminar
5.05pm – Award/Photographs/Close
Register online (eventbrite ticketing)
The following esteemed organisations are supporting this seminar:
Supporting Organisations have no financial commitment, those that support this important event by distribution of materials to its members, can apply to qualify as Supporting Organisations, and in return will be recognised on the HAESCO web site, event flyer and similar seminar marketing.
HAESCO is a non profit organisation, we rely on industry leaders to help by providing provide sponsorship for our events, seminars, etc. so we can reach the widest audience, and in return your business is recognised as an industry leader. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for sponsorship opportunities.
Terms and Conditions
(1) The organiser reserves the right to change programme, agenda and speakers.
(2) Registrations of non-HAESCO members are subject to seats availability, after allowing for HAESCO members and Supporting Organisation (SO) registration . Registrations are subject to final confirmation by the organiser.
(3) HAESCO reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to accept or deny any registration without explanation;
(4) Any payment is non-refundable unless the event is cancelled by the Organiser;
(5) The seminar will be cancelled if the typhoon signal No.8 or above, or Black storm warning is hoisted by HKO three (3) hours before registration commences.
(6) Our programme is subject to change and amendment, at the sole discretion of the organiser, view this page for the latest information.